ILSC-New Delhi has take the initiative to put together an educational sponsorship program that takes poor and under-educated Delhi girls and put them into its English classes at the school. The ‘Learn to Earn’ program has been running for 4 months now to great success. Below is a letter to the director, Jason Flaming, from Pooja Singh – one of the girls in the program (she is the one in the middle of the picture).
I take this opportunity through this letter which I am writing with the help of a friend. I want to convey that during the last four months what I have learnt at ILSC I have not learnt in the last 6 years. First time in my life I left that learning English will be a reality for me one day and not a distant dream.
This is not what it is just because of me but for the following reasons:
1. Ringen who inspired me to start afresh
2. Pamchuila who took real pain for me
3. Isha who took interest in me
4. The company of international students where I left behind my hesitation as everybody was at my level at some point of time or other
5. Healthy learning atmosphere/environment at ILSC, Delhi
6. Last but not the least your able guidance and confidence in me and a challenge within ILSC that an uneducated and never been to school before girl can learn a language and make a place for herself in this competitive world.