Isolation and the global pandemic of COVID-19 can cause feelings of anxiety and stress. Here are some tips to help you manage your mental health and promote well-being during this difficult time.
1) Create a daily routine
• Get up and get dressed every morning
• Create distinctions between learning and leisure time
• Maintain a schedule that is similar to your routine before quarantine
2) Stay connected
• Use phone calls, video chats, and social media to keep in touch with friends and family
• Join the ILSC community by participating in activities on Zoom
(register at https://activities.ilsc.com/)
Join ILSC & Greystone College activities online!
3) Practice mindfulness
• Manage your anxiety with meditation, stretching, and deep breathing (ILSC’s online activities offers a great yoga session that can help relax your mind and body!)
4) Stay healthy
• Find time to stay active and exercise at home or go on short walks in the neighbourhood (just remember to maintain social distancing!)
• Eat healthy meals
• Wash your hands regularly
5) Be present
• Avoid focusing on the future or on news outlets if it is making you feel anxious
• Be in the present moment and find time to enjoy activities that you love to do
It is normal to feel anxious, scared, and lonely during this time. By putting good mental health habits into practice, you can better manage those feelings. Stay safe and healthy!
For ways to stay relaxed and stress-free while isolating at home, check out our online activities at ILSC activities.ilsc.com